Thursday, April 2, 2009

Laundry

I don't know if this is true for everyone else that has had a baby but with the addition of Jessica to our family, our quantity of laundry had at least tripled. It seems like I have gone through more stain remover in 6 months than I had used in my entire life prior to her birth. Here is a "typical" example of what might occur in one day to cause this:

Every morning I wake up and feed Jessica. If within 1 hour she goes for a ride in the car, she will throw up most of what she ate. Therefore, we will have to wash...

  • her 1st outfit for the day,
  • the car seat cover,
  • the car seat base,
  • the blanket that was on her and
  • any toys she had with her in the car seat.
Then she will continue onto day care where she will have at least one blowout.

  • her 2nd outfit for the day

She will then come home from daycare in the evening and play with Mama & Dada. Dada is not very good at remembering not to jossil her around too much after she eats so she will typically throw up on herself, the carpet or Dada at least once (normally multiple times) in the evening...

  • Dada's outfit
  • 1-2 burp clothes

Plus she now is eating solids (really mushy foods) each evening. This is a very messy process which leads to the following being cleaned...

  • one bib
  • highchair
  • one washcloth
  • the floor

Then at the end of the day it is time for bed so we remove outfit number 3 and put her in her pajamas.

  • 3rd outfit

That is a typical day for us! It does not include the days where she spits up in her bed (sheets), has more than one blowout (additional outfit), or goes #1 while you are changing her (additional outfit). It also does not include the normal laundry that Mom and Dad produce or the bottles and pumping supplies that I have to clean each day.

If you don't quite understand how I feel about it, I will say it plain and simple... I am tired of laundry and look forward to the few days where the typical day stated above is not that bad and I pray that days that are worse than the normal don't happen very often.


Even with all of that, seeing Jessica smile just once at me makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe how long her eye lashes are.

    ReplyDelete